On this day of your life, Jessica, we believe God wants you to know ... that how bad things may look right now means nothing, - it's how good they can be with God's help that counts. In life you can absolutely count on one thing, - everything can turn around in one day, in one minute sometimes. Don't you dare to give up, - you might be a moment away from a windfall.
Wow...yeah hit that one on the nose today! It's so true and we continue to see things can turn around. Our appointment went well today. Baby passed his bpp with flying colours, 8 out of 8. Seems to be it is looking more and more like a little Jacob nowadays. He had expectational practice breathing (though we know and were told that is no indication of how the lungs will function but we like to think it's a good sign, along with the hiccups) At week 25 there was one 2x2 pocket of fluid at week 28 two 2x2 and this week (31 weeks) there is one 2x2 and one 3x3 so the fluid is slowly accumulating. We are going to meet with the genetics counselor again to discuss the possibility of a chromosomal abnormality and what that may mean for the baby. The lady we saw today said it didn't appear to be a horseshoe kidney but rather that there were two kidneys and they don't know what happened so the baby will need genetic testing. It doesn't change anything for us, even if our baby has some medical issues we still will love him unconditionally and do everything we can for him. Of course the baby could come out and be perfectly okay as well.....no one knows. Well one person knows, but he is keeping it a surprise for us. I just pray he continues to work on our miracle baby. The baby has turned head down (yah, please stay that way) so next week my placenta gets re-checked along with the baby's growth, the kidneys (before we go to see the Nephrologist) and the usual bpp with doppler. Then the week after that it is the hospital for me. Oh we also talked about steroid shots and are going to hold off unless the baby is going to come before 36 weeks. This is such a huge debate everyone has a different opinion no one can really give us an answer. If the baby is going to be born early we will get them but if the baby is going to be born at 37 weeks, like the plan, then we will see about getting them then. They say it won't do much but I'd feel a heck of a lot better if we had them. They said it won't hurt the baby so why not? Just one more thing we can do. I know they don't generally give them after week 34 but our case is not "general" by any means. I say we try if we can closer to the delivery date. Again, we asked a lot of questions half of them I don't remember probably because they really cannot explain what is going on or how the baby will do once born...it's just a waiting game now. But I am very thankful our little keeps fighting and being strong as we are for him as well. More fluid today can only be a god sign and a strong session of practice breathing....it has to mean things may be okay. I know they can be, God will choose to give us a miracle baby if he sees fit (praying he does) We have 6 more weeks left until we meet our baby (who still really is hiding his self...or her...most likely boy now though) So no answers today but good news...at least we consider it good news, they can tell us all they want it's not indication of anything but I really fail to believe that, they don't know God's strength or power....Thank you God. Little one...keep fighting and we will keep fighting for you. Love you Sweet Pea